SFTA is Wisconsin’s statewide member association for organizations and individuals committed to making every early childhood a great one. SFTA does this through services and supports including:
- Program Management
- Quality Assurance and Improvement
- Organizational Development
- Systems Building
- Professional Development and Networking
What are SFTA’s Priorities?
- Quality Early Care and Education: SFTA is committed to working with our community-based organizations to advocate, educate and build Wisconsin’s capacity to deliver high quality early care and education experiences to all of Wisconsin’s children.
- Healthy Children: SFTA is actively engaged in a broad range of prevention and health promotion efforts that are designed to create better health outcomes for all of Wisconsin’s children.
- Strong Families: SFTA provides concrete support to families in a strength-based and evidence-informed way.
- Responsive Systems: SFTA builds systems and supports to early childhood that result in opportunities for all children to reach their highest potential.
What is SFTA’s Role in YoungStar?
SFTA’s purpose is to optimize the developmental window of opportunity that early childhood presents for building a strong foundation for life. YoungStar plays a big part in how SFTA works to achieve this. SFTA has been with YoungStar since the beginning. Currently, SFTA administers YoungStar micro-grants and completes formal ratings. We subcontract with Wisconsin’s 10 Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies for all technical consultation services.
Want to Know More About SFTA?
Speak with an SFTA staff member at 1 (888) 713.KIDS (5437) or visit SFTA’s website for more information.