Resources for Communities
Childcaring works in partnership with your business
to meet your employees’ child care needs. Employees
of companies that have contracts with Childcaring can
access ongoing support, including on-site work/family
seminars, referrals to child care programs with confirmed
vacancies, follow-up and continuing support for parents
until they find satisfactory child care.
How Employers Can Support Parent Workers & Early Childhood Development Efforts
Food For Thought: Investing in Early Childhood & Supporting Working Parents
Resource Page -- Learn More About Strengthening Business Through Investments in Youth
The Raising of America: Early Childhood & the Future of Our Nation
Workforce of Today, Workforce of Tomorrow: The Business Case for High Quality Childcare
Why Get Involved?
Ensuring employee peace of mind through quality child care will benefit your business, all the way to the bottom line. Benefits to employers include: increased employee productivity; reduced absenteeism and turnover; enhanced employee recruitment efforts; strengthened public relations; and improved employee morale and loyalty.
Responsible Parents are Responsible Workers
As families have changed, so has your workforce.
- A majority of children live with two working parents or a single working parent.
- The workforce is 53% female, including 67% of mothers with children age six or under.
- Single fathers responsible for child care constitute one of America’s fastest growing consumer groups.
All of these parents have one common concern: caring for their children while they work. For parents, the overwhelming task of arranging child care creates stress and may affect productivity, work attitudes, absenteeism, longevity and a number of other critical areas bearing on employee performance.
Your employees receive:
- Personalized consultations on their child care needs
- Child care information and referrals from a comprehensive database of regulated
- Information on selecting and evaluating quality child care programs
- A comprehensive child care handbook
- Ongoing recruitment of child care providers in areas where employees live and child care need exists
- Follow-up calls to ensure satisfaction with the child care selection and our service