- WI Department of Children & Families
The Registry – A career level system which awards a
certificate verifying that an individual has met all State of Wisconsin,
Department of Children and Family Services entry level training and
is qualified for the position that s/he holds.
- Supporting Families Together Association (SFTA)
Who is Supporting Families Together Association (SFTA)?
SFTA is Wisconsin’s statewide member association for organizations and
individuals committed to making every early childhood a great one.
SFTA does this through services and supports including:
• Program management • Quality assurance and improvement
• Organizational development • Professional development
• Systems building • Professional networking
What are SFTA’s Priorities?
• Quality Early Care and Education: SFTA is committed to working with our community-based organizations to advocate, educate and build Wisconsin’s capacity to deliver high quality early care and education experiences to all of Wisconsin’s children.
• Healthy Children: SFTA is actively engaged in a broad range of prevention and health promotion efforts that are designed to create better health outcomes for all of Wisconsin’s children.
• Strong Families: SFTA provides concrete support to families in a strength-based and evidence-informed way.
• Responsive Systems: SFTA builds systems and supports to early childhood that result in opportunities for all children to reach their highest potential.
What is SFTA’s Role in YoungStar?
SFTA’s purpose is to optimize the developmental window of opportunity that early childhood presents for building a strong foundation for life. YoungStar plays a big part in how SFTA works to achieve this.
SFTA has been with YoungStar since the beginning. Currently, SFTA administers YoungStar micro-grants and completes formal ratings. We subcontract with Wisconsin’s 10 Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies for all technical consultation services. Learn more about SFTA’s YoungStar role.
Want to Know More About SFTA?
Speak with an SFTA staff member at 1 (888) 713.KIDS (5437) or visit SFTA’s website for more information.
- Free Daycare Safety Guide – Courtesy of West Bend
Caring for Children With Special Needs
- A Thinking Guide to Inclusive Child Care
- The YoungStar Inclusion web pages provide helpful tips and resources for
child care providers and families.
- Child Find is a continuous process of public awareness activities which may include screening, designed to identify, locate, and evaluate all children with disabilities who may be in need of early intervention programs of special education as soon as possible.
- Be an Inclusive Child Care Provider.
Quality Child Care
YoungStar is Wisconsin’s Child Care Quality Rating & Improvement System that gives parents and child care providers the tools and information they need to raise happy, healthy children. Your local Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) office, a member of Supporting Families Together Association (SFTA), also acts as your local YoungStar office. As a provider, your YoungStar Technical Consultant (TC) is housed at Childcaring, your local CCR&R, and is your navigator through YoungStar. 1-800-628-8534. Not in our agency’s service delivery area? Visit the online YoungStar office map or call (888) 713.KIDS (5437) to find your local YoungStar office.
- NAEYC Position Statements on Ethical Conduct